A few questions for a ATV newbie

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Aniseedvan, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Picked up an ATV4 at my local store today.. I'm less than enthused at the moment, and am 50/50 about taking it back, but I'm trying to give it a go..

- All my music is on a Synology NAS. Is the only way I can play it using the iOS app?
    - Photostream appears to be missing random photos that I have taken on my phone (iPad sees them fine)

No remote control app and NowTV mean I may as well stick with my Roku (was about to put it on eBay). It's got a week before I suspect my patience runs out...

2. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

The NowTV app will be coming very soon according to their Twitter feed.

3. MacFanBoi macrumors regular

If your unhappy with it just return it to apple since you will get the full refund instead of getting less for it on ebay.

4. Aniseedvan thread starter macrumors 6502a

The eBay comment is with regards selling my roku. The ATV has until next weekend, or should I say Now TV have. The box is nearly useless to me without this (they're a launch partner, even mentioned in the user guide I'm reading).

5. MacFanBoi macrumors regular

Hard to say if they will release it in time before your atv is due to be returned but you could always return it then down the road buy another one when you hear nowtv have released the app for it or wait for a tvos update to come out to fix some issues.

6. Aniseedvan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does that mean then my Photostream issue is a bug? There appears to be no reason for why some photos are showing and some aren't..

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Someone, please tell me where the Internat Radio has gone. I used it all the time on the previous Apple TV.

8. MacFanBoi macrumors regular

It is possible because it is weird that some photo's do show up but random others don't. It could just be a problem for you though because I haven't seen anyone else saying they are having the same problem but who knows.