A few questions for the london uk natives

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zyr123, Nov 3, 2014.

1. zyr123, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014

zyr123 macrumors 6502

My grandma takes us on a trip for every significant part of school we graduate. so 5,8,12,college. So for the high school one we are going to london for part of my winter break.

1. Where do i buy tickets to a chelsea game? How much are good seats, where should i sit etc?
    2. Best places for videography in london.
    3. General fun stuff to do
    4. the best place for tea in london lol... had to put that in there.
    5. can someone setup a tour off bbc studios...

thank you ahead of time.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Hope that helps.

3. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome thank you. Any other people from London feel like answering?

4. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

Hope this helps

5. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

1. Zero point of going to a game if not Chelsea

2. Thanks I've added that to the list of things to do and film.

5. Awesome good find...

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You basically have zero chance of getting a ticket for a Chelsea league game through the club directly unless you are a member (I'm a member and still struggle - games typically sell out within an hour and it's pretty much pot luck as to whether you get a ticket or not)

You may be able to get hospitality tickets through Thomas Cook - http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Chelsea-FC - but they're not cheap!

7. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

What's the average upper level ticket price. At a nfl game it's 120-140. 180-230 at the better stadiums.

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Here's a page with all the prices on it

http://www.chelseafc.com/tickets-membership/general-ticket-info/ticket-prices.html

The most expensive non-hospitality tickets are £87 ($138) but as I said I don't think you'll manage to get any.

As well as the packages through Thomas Cook, you can buy individual hospitality tickets through the club from this page: http://hospitality.chelseafc.com/fixtures/

There are still some tickets available for December / January but they are at least £195 ($310) and go all the way to £895 ($1427)

One thing I would add is do not buy through unofficial channels (i.e. touts) - it's illegal to tout sports tickets in the UK and you may well find you pay a fortune and get refused entry.

9. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn. Haha how does the Barclays league get away this. It's not even the playoffs and upper level tickets are 310.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Clubs set their own prices and these are for hospitality tickets (i.e. include a meal, etc). There is no concept of playoffs in the Premier League ;)

11. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

A few questions for the london uk natives

So basically a suite in London is cheaper then America. That's a good way to look at it. These seats would be 2500 each in America. Am I wrong?

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You won't get a suite for that price - this is what you get

13. realitystops macrumors regular

realitystops

Places to go

Smithfield Market, Soho (at night), river trips (central evening,good weather upstream),London Dungeon (not for nervous/young),Lunch time in The City (watch the natives) and any side street that appears to be busy (something good going on)

Good Luck

nb:- usual big city security recommended, especially phone,cameras and wallet

14. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

to that I lived in New York and tel aviv. Can't imagine London being anymore fast paced. My phone has Touch ID and find my iPhone on I'll be fine.

15. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

I don't think its more fast paced, just has a different rhythm, a beat of it's own.
    There are lots of Tourist things as a Londoner I have never done.

Just be prepared if you follow the tourist route, you will meet a lot of your own countrymen doing the same thing!!!:cool:

Either way, have fun and enjoy everything London has to offer!!!

16. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Just recently came back from London for a college trip. Fun city, a cousin of mine lives in NYC and described it as such, which I find accurate. The subway system is amazing - light years better than the American system - and fun districts. Couldn't do everything in a weeks time since the city is so big. Big Ben, Tower Bridge, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Parliament are nice to see but big fan of Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden. Stayed in Earls Court. Saw a flagship Apple Store there as well.

17. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Also what bars do the 18-20 year old Oxford students go to. Always wanted to drink with a British girl.