a few questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steveruv, Mar 29, 2008.

1. steveruv macrumors newbie

hey guys, great site, and very informative.

i recently bought a 32 gb touch and plugged it in the laptop and it first read as an ipod digital computer. was scared that something was up since I bought it from CL (maybe not a wise move, but for 350, cant beat it.)
    anyways, downloaded the newest version of itunes, then it was reading the touch as an apple ipod, but itunes wont let me in the music store. it just keeps saying, accessing itunes store.

any help, suggestions? thanks.

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The Touch does play music like any other iPod, but in essence it is a computer. When you mean it won't connect to itunes store, do you mean iTunes on your PC or the itunes app on the Touch? If it's the ipod that can't connect, you have to make sure that it has a working wifi connection pathway to the internet.

Hope that helps,

4D

3. steveruv thread starter macrumors newbie

it doesnt connect to itunes when the touch is plugged in via usb. it reads that there is an ipod touch, but no screen for the restore, etc.

wondering why the laptop initially thought the ipod was a digital camera when I first plugged it in. maybe because itunes wasnt upgraded.

thanks for the response.