A few questions, mostly about bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tanders, Dec 1, 2011.

1. tanders macrumors newbie

I'm wondering: Can I pair my iphone with my ipad or macbook via bluetooth? Can I pair my iphone with another iphone via bluetooth? What is the range/distance that the bluetooth will work? My current setup is iphone 3g, ipad 3g, macbook air (will be getting the iphone 4 shortly if that matters). Also regarding the iphone 4, I'm currently with ATT which has been annoying given the cost. I've heard talk of people getting an unlocked iphone 4 and using it on Virgin/Sprint (in US), is that possible, recommendable?

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

What would you want to do after you have them connected through bluetooth?

Most apps that share things info already do that through servers or eventually with iCloud.

I'm just trying to think of reasons why pairing them through bluetooth would benefit you? Unless you have the tethering plan, I don't think it will do much that isn't already available.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apps can connect with bluetooth. Like, you could connect two iPhone Monopoly apps and play Monopoly with each other.

But I don't think there's any way for the OS itself to do it outside of an app.

So search the app store for 'bluetooth.' Maybe some cool things will come up. I really don't know what's out there for this.