A few questions (noisy MacBook Pro)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Apr 8, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

hey guys,

Since I'm new with my macbook Pro, i have a few questions.

1. Is your macbook pro dead silent for example when you just boot into OSX..like u don't hear anything if it's on your lap for example. I always hear like something....could it be a fan or is it the processor whine or the speakers hiss?

2. My fans run at around 2000 when i just surf the web or chat on msn. Is it normal or should it be lower than that?

3. If i do decide to take in back my apple to have my fans and my yellow screen checked, is it ok even if it's past 14 days? I don't want to get a refund, i just want my machine to be fixed because seriously, i do love it even with its flaws but if I can fix some of them, it would be awesome.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

1) Depends on where you are and how loud it is there. Sometimes I don't even hear my fans when they are at 5000 rpm (at uni for example).

2) Yes, absolutely normal.

3) Sure it is okay. When there is a defect they will repair or replace after two weeks.

3. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

1. No, you are hearing the hard disk spinning, this is normal
    2. Normal
    3. Sounds like you've been reading these forums too much. If you are unsure if you have the "yellowing problem" then you probably don't have it. Be happy and enjoy the machine. ;)