A few questions regarding Activation, Jailbreaking, Etc...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the1payday, Jan 15, 2008.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

Hello. I'm using an iPhone with AT&T service...I am using it with a different SIM card then the one that came with it though. I used Independence to Activate my iPhone with my older ATT Sim card. What is the difference between "Jailbreaking" and "Activating through Independence"? I don't want any hacks, or third party apps on my phone....so do I even need to continue jailbreaking in the future? And most importantly...will my phone be "bricked" if I was to update to 1.1.3 through iTunes because I used independence for activation, or does that only happen to people who do a SIM unlock, to use with other carriers? Basically my main question is, do I have anything to worry about with updates and bricking, if all I did was use Independence to Activate my iPhone, on an AT&T SIM card?

I would really appreciate any help I could get.

2. the1payday thread starter macrumors 6502

the1payday

If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. I just really want to know if I have anything to worry about having used Independence to activate my iPhone with my older ATT Sim card, as far as upgrading to newer firmwares.