Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
1) when updating apps will I be able to update apps downloaded from appulous through the app store?

2) what's the video recorded app called?

3) is there a copy and paste app?

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
What's the app called where you can send pictures in a text message? Can a jailbroken phone send the MMS and a non jailbroken phone recieve it?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
What's the app called where you can send pictures in a text message? Can a jailbroken phone send the MMS and a non jailbroken phone recieve it?

You can send MMS with a non-jailbroken iPhone. Just e-mail the person's phone number with a picture attached.

xxxxxxxxxx@providerspecificending

Look for the list of providers on here somewhere.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Right I got a situation here.

I'm on holiday right now and got some friends who will help jailbreak my phone. If I jailbreak it using their laptop will I lose my contacts and apps etc?

Daveecee

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2008
FL

I'm on holiday right now and got some friends who will help jailbreak my phone. If I jailbreak it using their laptop will I lose my contacts and apps etc?

If you've synced on your computer, your contacts and apps should be managed there and, unless you somehow manually delete them from Address Book and iTunes, you shouldn't have a problem putting them back on the phone.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Any way to keep my stuff now? Because I wanna JB now but not lose my current stuff on the phone.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I don't get all this scync stuff.

When I JB now, I lose my stuff so when I plug back into my PC I press restore and after the restore do I get my music, pics, apps and contacts back and still have JB iPhone?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008

If you jailbreak using QuickPwn you won't lose anything - it will just jailbreak your phone and that's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.