A few questions regarding Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nasty devil, Jul 22, 2011.

1. nasty devil macrumors member

Hi there.
    I downloaded Lion yesterday and I have a few questions:

1- I wanted to make a bootable drive to install on my Dad's iMac as well, but I forgot to make a copy of the Install file. Is there a way I can download it again?

2- I can't zoom in anymore life in SL. Is there a way to do this?

3- My network drive was working fine with TM backups. Right now I can access it, but when it wants to backup, I get a message that says this network drive doesn't have the required AFP features.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bo98 macrumors member

Go to the App Store, click the purchased tab and download from there.

3. gnagy macrumors regular

You can keep downloading it from the App Store and it will not charge you again, as long as you use the same Apple ID.

Zoom works fine for me. How were you zooming in SL? I'm zooming by pressing control and scrolling up at the same time.

In Lion the scrolling direction is reversed. You can change that in settings. So you might have to scroll down to zoom in. Try that.

Not sure. My firewire drive works just fine. So I can't help you with that one.

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Scrolling is reversed, but scrolling up zooms in. Scrolling down, zooms out. (All while holding [control])

5. nasty devil thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys for replying,

zooming mysteriously started working again, Option + scrolling

As for downloading the OS again, I checked the purchased tab, it says installed, and when I go to Lion's page, it just says installed. I can't download even when I click again.

6. gnagy macrumors regular

Right, it won't let you download if you are already running Lion. You'll be able to download on the Snow Leopard computer though. Just make sure you use your same Apple ID when you hit the purchase button, and it won't charge you twice.