A few questions related to the iPhone.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dug, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dug macrumors newbie

So I'm planning on getting an iPhone 5(4s?)-which will be my first iPhone- whenever it comes out and have a few questions related to getting one:

1. How much does it actually cost pre-order an iPhone?

2. If you pre-order online they ship it to you and if you pre-order it at the store you pick it up, correct?

3. Black iPhone or white iPhone?

All I can think of, I'll probably come back and ask more questions...but that's all for now.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

1. How much does it actually cost pre-order an iPhone? This information as not been announced yet.

2. If you pre-order online they ship it to you and if you pre-order it at the store you pick it up, correct? This information as not been announced yet.

3. Black iPhone or white iPhone? This is your choice to make.

3. Dug thread starter macrumors newbie

Well...erm...thanks. :p How much did it cost for the iPhone 4 though? Full price?

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

What are you talking about? It doesn't cost anything to pre-order. You are buying the phone ahead of time and are guaranteed to get one shipped to you or one reserved at a store.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

COuld be wrong but I think there is no cost to pre-order. You pay when you pick it up. If you order online, they will bill your card when it is shipped to you. I have a black iphone and a white ipad. No difference and I barely think about the color.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

(16gb/32gb)
    Upgrade - $199/$299
    Early Upgrade - $399/$499
    No Committement - $599/$699
    Unlocked - $649/$749

and in CA and RI, Tax is charged on the Unsubsidized price of the phone. So if your upgrade price is $199, you're being taxed on the $649, so if you live in either of those states, add another $50 or so to the overall price that I posted above.

7. Dug thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys! Well I guess this thread has been resolved then.

Thanks for reminding me! I don't get this whole Sim Card thing. What exactly does the SIM card restrict you of doing and what can you do if it is removed?

8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

As has been mentioned, it doesn't cost anything additional to pre-order. Just the cost of the phone, which for iPhone 4 is $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB. Prices will most likely stay the same for the 5, with perhaps a $399 option for 64GB.

As for SIM card, it's what goes in your phone. If you take it out, you're not going to be able to use your service. Generally most people buy their phone on contract, so you don't have to worry about any of that.

I prefer the white version, but again that's up to you.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

The sim card is required to connect to the network you wok get no texts, phone calls, data without it same as any phone.