A few questions (some Watch OS2)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ledzepfan1981, Sep 22, 2015.

1. ledzepfan1981, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

I have a few questions but thought it would be better putting them all in one thread.

1. I want a free simple Watch app that counts how far I have moved. I say moved because I'm in a wheelchair and so obviously don't want it counting steps walked.

2. In Watch OS2, can't we customise what photo album we can display photos from on the Photo Album watch face?

3. Is there a list of native third-party apps that work on the Watch please?

Thanks for any help given.

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Your first question is very tricky. If your hand don't move, how can the Watch know you have moved. On outdoor you can use Workout app and it will read GPS from your iPhone but what if you're indoor...

The second question is easy. on Watch app on iPhone, My Watch > Photo.

3. ledzepfan1981 thread starter macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Won't it sense that I'm moving as I'll have my iPhone with me? Thanks for the 2nd answer. I found it on another thread minutes after posting this!

4. fanboi4lyfe macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

In the Apple Watch app there is an app store that shows all of the apps that will work with the watch itself. Second look at the answered question above.

I am not in a wheelchair but I asked one of my coworkers, he is quite open to those types of questions. He recommended "Running and Walking with Endomondo". He said it has all sorts of activities and even one called wheelchair. Hope that helps!!

5. matrix07, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

No it won't. Why? Because if you're in wheelchair, nothing moves. Not hands. Not legs. Only the wheels.
    The only thing that know is GPS but you need to start an app.

Likewise in Watch. It will use phone GPS when you start some workout like Outdoor Walk, for example. In this case, it doesn't matter you have the Watch or not. You might as well asking for iPhone app instead since it's the one that has GPS built-in. (and my question about indoor still remains)

6. ledzepfan1981 thread starter macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Thank you to you both for your answers.

@matrix07 for the distance I want to measure, I will be outdoors.