A few questions to help some of us t-mobile costumers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbroady, Sep 11, 2007.

1. rbroady macrumors regular

I gather from a few threads that theres quite a few in my situation right now.

Im under t-mobile and am extremely excited about the iphone unlock. The only problem is im not sure how safe it is yet, especially since i have no hacking experience. so...

1) If i was to go out to buy an iPhone tomorrow, what are the steps i need to take?

2) how safe is it to perform the hacking with no experience?

Im on the edge of my seat right now and really want this to work out the best.

Thanks for the help!

2. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Its pretty safe but I suggest you wait a few more days till they come out with a more user friendly version.
    This way with a few clicks even non-advanced users would be able to active the iphone and use Tmobiles chips.

3. rbroady thread starter macrumors regular

how about the actually bypassing of initial activation to just use the features minus the phone?

4. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

(Read: just a couple clicks in INdependence)

And as far as the safety of unlocking goes, we'll see. So far it seems that neither AT&T are too concerned. But they both stand to lose big by this move, so no one knows for sure. Keep in mind though, that pretty much anything Apple does as far as firmware and iTunes updates goes, the iPhone Dev Team works around the clock to make sure their solutions work. You can be assured that their constant hacking will be able to counter any attempts made to break the current solution for an unlocked iPhone.

With that said, I'm unlocking mine as soon as I start up a T-mobile account (no AT&T here, long story.)

6. rbroady thread starter macrumors regular

I already updated to iTunes 7.4.1, why does that have anything to do with messing up INdependence?

7. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco