A few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sotorious, Apr 21, 2011.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

I just recently bought an iphone, and need help ironing some issues out.

1. My mail only shows maybe 4 or 5 emails at a time is there a way i can get it to show the whole thing? I will add to the list as the day goes.

2. Can i get a separate tone for email, and sms?

Thank you in advance.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

SMS can be changed in settings -> sounds -> text tone. Only that list is available.

Email tone can't be changed. Really annoying!

(You can go into the file system on a PC/Mac and add extra tones, though it gets confusing).

With mail you can change the text size to small and you can reduce the number of preview lines to fit more on the screen. Go to settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar. To get more messages onto your iPhone go to the settings for each email address and tell it to sync for a longer time.

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still keeps the same amount of emails on there. Just opens the preview up more.

What i want is for it to go back to an email thats like to the bottom of my list lets say.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

How are your emails set up? POP, exchange etc?

Do you have push or fetch set up?

The best is exchange with push. That means emails appear on your phone almost instantly and sync between devices.

If you are using fetch the iPhone checks for emails itself periodically (which you set).

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

i am using exchange with push but its only showing my top 5 recent emails i want it show even older than that.. you see what im saying?

6. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

If you mean there are only 5 emails on the iPhone you should try settings -> mail -> 'your email' -> mail days to sync. It may be it is set only to sync emails from today or something, I set mine to show the previous 2 weeks. Give it a minute to sync up and they should appear.

That what you mean? :)

7. sotorious, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes thank you on that. Also to set ringtone do i go threw ipod section and somehow set it as ringtone? Right now i have no songs on my phone as of yet just sort of preparing so i dont run into problems when doing so.

Alot of things to get used 2 missing some features from android :(

EDIT: Also can i get a number count of each message thread on how many messages are in there?