A few questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hexonxonx, Jul 19, 2007.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Hi all

Well beginning day 4 with my most excellent and problem free MBP. I am loving everything and every minute that I get to use it.

A few questions:

Is it possible to pin a program to the dock so that I don't have to go to finder and then applications to start it up everytime? I won't be using a few of those things that are already on the dock and I would like to replace them with things I will use everyday.

My other querstion is, is there a way that I can transfer my PC bookmarks to my MBP?

Other than those two questions, I gotta say this is one of the easiest things to figure out, this MBP. I wish that I would have gotten one instead of the last laptop I got just before Christmas, I could have saved $1100.

Thanks!

2. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

You can drag an application from the applications folder into the dock and it should stay there :)

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

right click (control click) to check that it says "keep in dock". You can also select "open at login" if you'd like.

Don't forget about spotlight though, ( :apple: space ) if you would prefer to easily find things and not clutter up your dock or desktop.

I'm not sure about the bookmarks question though unfortunately.

4. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Well if its web bookmarks, just find your bookmarks folders and transfer. :apple:space+typing what your looking for (or the first three letters) is one of the best things ever!

5. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

For the bookmarks you can generally export them from your browser, email them to yourself, get them onto your new computer and import them into your browser of choice. :)

6. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601