A Few Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xSOTYx, Sep 18, 2007.

1. xSOTYx macrumors member

Hey. Ive got a few software related questions, First off unistalling programs on OSX, Is it simply the case of dragging the file from the applications folder on the HD into the trash? I read somewhere about unistallers the other day? (I swear on 9.1 it was just a case of trashing the files).

Also I am currently using Adium as my IM client, And was just wondering if there isnt anything better? (Ive tried aMSN and dont think much of it). IM client is for MSN use.

And finally just wondering if you guys and girls had any good links too cool software and bits for Mac, like ive seen people with CPU temps in the top bar etc, Any software recomdations appricated.

Thanks.:apple:

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I use Appzapper (http://appzapper.com/) its really nice and helps you uninstall stuff and not only put it in the trash.
    I love Adium I dont think there is anything better, Not yet.

3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Adium is the best IMO. Also, if you don't want to pay for AppZapper, use AppDelete which is pretty much the same thing, but free.

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

You can use Appzapper if you want. Trashing applications will generally only leave behind tiny preference files. Look in Library > Preferences or do a search for the name of your app.

iStat Pro and Menu Meters are worth having.

5. vultureparade macrumors member

I use Adium on my iBook G4 and it's so much better than when I used to use AIM on my pc.

The tabbed conversations are really nice

6. Snorrblitz macrumors newbie

I use Appdelete and it works very well.

Once you've customized Adium to your liking, there is nothing that can beat it:)

7. Snorrblitz macrumors newbie

I use Appdelete and it works very well.

Once you've customized Adium to your liking, there is nothing that can beat it:)

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I used to use Appzapper but starting up one app to delete another seems, well, not Mac enough. AppTrap on the other hand is. Its a pref pane. When you drop an app in the trash, it does what Appzapper or AppDelete does.