A few quick questions about the flexibility of the iphone plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kmcypress, Jul 21, 2008.

1. kmcypress macrumors newbie

New to the forum. Hope I'm asking this in the right place (if not i apologize).

So I have a few questions. I know most can be answered at AT&T but it's late, the AT&T site is confusing, and i was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm on a verizon plan and own an itouch but I'm thinking of switching to AT&T in order to get an iphone. I was wondering...

I don't feel the need to get internet anywhere and I want to know, if I opt not to get this part (i think known as the data part of the plan) can i still get wi-fi access on the phone? (like my touch)?

If so, what is the cheapest plan without this (basic calling/texting) and how does it go up from there (assuming i have one phone on the plan)?
    Is texting AT&T to AT&T free?

probably been asked a million times, any links would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if you can drop the data plan (it might be included with the contract, I'm not sure?).

The first plan starts out at $69.99 ($30 data, 39.99 voice plan). So, if you were able to drop the data plan (don't believe you can) it should be $39.99/month.

3. DrummerMan macrumors newbie

:cool:You MUST take the $30 data plan when you buy an iPhone. You don't have to have the texting plan. That is why the prices are combined.