a few simple shortcut keyboard questions?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dougens, Jul 24, 2009.

1. dougens macrumors member

dougens

some help please.

i need keyboard shortcuts for:

1. disable expose

is this possible?

i know i can go to system preferences and manually put corners and F9 keys etc to none but need a quicker way of doing it please.......?

if this is not already built into the keyboard shortcuts can i set up my own to carry this out?

thanks for any help and have a good day!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What do you mean by "disable expose"?

If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Like Dashboard or Spaces.

I don't know since when MBPs came with a dedicated Exposé (all windows) key, but some older models seem to have it (the F3 key).

[​IMG]

There is also the option of assigning another shortcut via System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts.
    [​IMG]

Btw. your post is confusing, as you want something disabled, but enabled on the other hand.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You want a shortcut to allow you to easily turn it off and on, because another user of your computer doesn't like hot corners or something?

4. dougens thread starter macrumors member

dougens

sorry if its confusing.

basically i am a sound engineer so when i am using my recording software i would not like to use the hot corners as when i go to certain areas on the software it shows all windows (bottom left) or desktop (top right) (the only two i have enabled) which is annoying.

when i am not using the recording software i would like to use the hot corners but i don't want to have to go into sytem pref every time i switch from my recording software to other apps as this is time consuming and annoying.

i use the corners alot when not recording or mixing etc and not at all when i am.

regarding keyboard shortcuts in system pref i can assign a new shortcut (i.e. command) but not sure how to program in the command to carry out the desired function?????

thanks for replies.

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

If all else fails:
    Use fast user switching to another account just used for recording.

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

^ This is the only way to do what the OP has requested. The secondary account can have hot corners turned off and switching between accounts only takes around 5 seconds (depends on applications running and speed of computer)