A few things, I am missing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by elec999, May 30, 2007.

1. elec999 macrumors regular

I have been using the mac osx for a while. And dislike the way, it manages the directory structure. How can i get to view all my files,folders in list view in all the folders I open, and also expend the row to show the full file name/folder name. Second how can I open a application to take up the whole screen, not just a bit of it.
    Thanks

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

In the upper left hand corner of Finder, in the toolbar, you'll see an icon that looks like
    [​IMG]
    Click it.
    Move your cursor to in between the columns, and click, hold it, and drag to whatever length you want.
    This is something that former Windows users ask quite often here. The answer, OSX when you click the green button does not expand the window accross the ENTIRE SCREEN and waste space, instead it smartly resizes the window to effectively display whatever it is in the most space-saving way. It takes windows users a long time to realize that it's actually BETTER this way. Of course on some applications (Garageband) it ends up that a full-screen window actually IS better than a smaller one, and OSX recognizes that.

However, if you MUST have you're window the entire screen. there will be a small diagonally striped triangle at the bottom right hand corner of all windows. You can click and drag to what ever you want. Even full screen. :)

3. elec999 thread starter macrumors regular

I taught there would be a shortcut key to make a window stretch across the entire screen.
    Thanks

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

When you discover that Drag & Drop works almost everywhere you will understand why you don't want a single window to take up the whole screen. You will also discover that with the Menu Bar always full screen you don't need to maximize a window just to see menus. You'll get used to it and eventually prefer it. Best wishes.