A few upgrades for a mbp

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by southpaw17, Dec 11, 2007.

1. southpaw17 macrumors member

This may be a repost, but I have decided to upgrade my MBP hard drive. I have a few questions. Honestly, will I notice a difference between 5400 and 7200 RPMs. I can get 50 gb more if I get 5400 rpm, unless someone can direct me to a 7200 rpm 250 gb drive.

The second question is I have an apple certified retailer that will do the install the hd for $170. It will keep the hd under warranty. Will that be worth it? OR can I just try it myself. I've seen some pretty detailed guides out there.

When I get my old hard drive taken out, I would like to throw it in an external case, any recommendations for that?

Another is that my applecare is running out, is it worth it to extend the warranty?

Lastly, I would also like to get a new enclosure for for my computer because it has some scratches and dings, and that just won't do. Does anyone know where I can find oem products, or what to search on google. I've seached with 100 different terms but could not find what I was looking for.

Thank you all for your time and advice.

2. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

check eBay for the computer casing and HDD enclosure