A Fix For iTunes Not Recognizing Your (jailbreak'ed) iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XenNightz, Mar 17, 2008.

1. XenNightz macrumors member

I've been all over the net looking for a fix for iTunes not recognizing my iPhone. It seemed to have happened out of no where. After reinstalling iTunes and it still not working I've figured it out. This won't apply to everyone but hopefully it'll help others that were in my shoes.

If you jailbreak'ed your iPhone with ZiPhone and it's not recognized as "unshackled" in iFuntastic (or any other program) then there's a fix in installer.app. That fix lets those programs see that ur phone is jailbreak'ed but it also makes iTunes, for some reason, not see it -- at least for some people on Macs.

So, if your phone was being recognized before you installed the patch to allow your phone to be seen in iFuntastic, etc. and not working after the patch, try uninstalling the patch then restarting your phone.

I know this isn't a widespread issue but hopefully some lost soul searching on google (like I was) will find this post.

Peace!

2. alecapple macrumors regular

thanks for sharing, after itunes wouldnt recognize my phone, i was looking for a solution, and i didnt want to restore it, but this worked so its all good now. thanks again

3. XenNightz thread starter macrumors member

you're VERY welcome. Glad I could help!

4. benny100 macrumors member

i have this same problem can you please tell me how u did it?
    what do i have to uninstall on apps and what do i do a google search for?

5. XenNightz thread starter macrumors member

look installer.app under Uninstall and see if you have ZiPhone iBrickr Fix installed. If you do, uninstall it then restart. It should work. If you don't then it's most likely one of the other problems that are solvable by reinstalling iTunes.