A fresh install - different to an ordinary update?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by FyerFyer, May 16, 2017.

1. FyerFyer macrumors regular

FyerFyer

Hey guys

As the new update has come out I was wondering which is the best way to do it.
    My iPhone 6s has been awful since 10. so a lot of my docs etc I upload alomost instantly and don't keep on my phone.

I've read a few things that hint towards a fresh install being different to the normal update, and that if the phone has not been working well this is the best way to do it.
    In addition, using iTunes as another way to do it is also available, is this method any better or any worse?

Basically I'm just trying to see if there are any major differences between the methods. I understand that personal data, files etc are wiped in clean install, but apart from that, are they all the same?

Thanks guys

2. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

Installing from scratch basically means everything is wiped (even the hidden files you aren't allowed to clear without breaking iOS). Updating simply replaces or patches the current operating system with a newer version. If you're having problems that persist through updates, you should do a clean install. If the problems still persist even after a clean install, check your apps or contact Apple Support.