A fresh install...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by XTheLancerX, Sep 18, 2014.

1. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I need some clarification here. Out of impatience, I updated my iPad OTA while I usually update with iTunes, and now regret it as it seems... Weird. Of course, many of these weird little bugs could just be that this is the first public release, but I have my doubts. I want to do a clean install, but don't necessarliy want to lose all my stuff. Would restoring, setting up as new, then restoring from a backup be considered a fresh install, or would it even do anything?

2. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Restoring from a backup restores all of the old settings and configuration files and would not be a clean install. Kind of pointless really.

3. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Okay, that's what I was thinking and was afraid of, I just wanted to double check I guess. Probably will import all my photos tomorrow and just do a fresh and clean install. Or just cope with the random glitches I have now and hope they get fixed in the future. I just kind of feel that the weirdness is definitely something I could have avoided and it's just really bugging me now.