A Fuzzy Memory will improve your memory and push you to the limit

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by rosepearstudio, Dec 9, 2011.

1. rosepearstudio, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

rosepearstudio macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

A Fuzzy Memory will train your memory to become stronger and faster. Tap into the deeper realms of memory in this beautifully generated game landscape. Rivetting, haunting music plays as you test yourself and discover your inner savant using your senses of sight and sound. Become lost in the ambience of uniquely generated music in which no two games sound exactly the same. Share your experience with your friends and tell them to join in the challenge. Tweet your high scores out to your friends.

Get it FREE from iTunes App Store

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a-fuzzy-memory/id480023158?ls=1&mt=8

Attached Files:

2. doktordoris, Dec 9, 2011

doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

rosepearstudios every post you have made is a blatant advert for your own products, i am sure you are only a member here to cheat the site into giving you free adverts. my advice is read the stuff below and get rid of this thread.

Advertising/soliciting/self-promotion
    Your purpose in joining MacRumors or posting should not be to promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to your site, blog, product, or business. See this page if you want to advertise at MacRumors.

Self-promotion is not fair to our paid advertisers. Forum posts should be free of ads and promotions that benefit the poster. Legitimate recommendations and requests for help are permitted, but in ambiguous circumstances users without a previous forum track record will not be given the benefit of the doubt.

Rules:

Advertising. Using the forums for advertising, site or product promotion, or for business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites, products, or services. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, carry out business activities, or for similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community.
    Shilling. If you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s) or favors your own product(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation, you will be banned. Vendors who post in threads only to criticize a competitor's product while promoting their own will also be banned.
    Soliciting. You may not use the forums to solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, or product testing. Employment requests/offers are limited to the Marketplace forum and subject to the Marketplace Rules.
    Self-promotion. Self-promotional links to your blog, video channel, product, business, etc. are limited to your forum signature and your user profile, even if you have a wonderful and useful site, blog, product, or business.
    Memberships created solely for these purposes will be banned.

3. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

in fact Im so cross at the bloke for ripping of my fave mac website by denying them advert revenue I'm going to buy his crappy game so i can give it a really bad review ;-)

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Developers can promote their products in the iPhone/iPad/Mac App forums as per the rules

Rules

5. doktordoris, Dec 9, 2011

doktordoris

i though that was if they clearly pointed out that they were the creators of the software and labelled themselves as a vendor? And he has clearly only joined to hawk his wares, i thought that was against the rules?

Advertising/soliciting/self-promotion
    Your purpose in joining MacRumors or posting should not be to promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to your site, blog, product, or business. See this page if you want to advertise at MacRumors.

rosepearstudio has only ever made threads advertising his tat.

I may seem a bit overzealous but i love this site and often notice that over 2000 people are using it at once the bandwidth charges must be huge, so it annoys me when i see people steal free advertising from macrumours. BUt if a mod is happy with someone getting free ads when other companies have to pay I suppose its none of my business.

6. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I regularly visit the iPad Apps section to read the notices from software vendors of new and revised apps. I think it is within the rules, and I appreciate that sort of post.

I'm always interested in apps that can be used by kids in school. I am downloading "A Fuzzy Memory" now!

7. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I don't know what your app is like, but the logo is a total bomb-site.

8. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

Thanks NutsNGum! It took me 3 hours to design and create that logo =]
    Please try playing the game and see what it's really like! It's totally FREE! (I forgot to mention that in the original post)
    Smart Target Free, is also free by the way ;). It's my first game.

Thanks for the support Pete, I really like enjoyed making an app that could help me and my friends and family develop their memory skills or at least exercise the brain a little bit instead of just idling.

9. rosepearstudio, Dec 9, 2011

rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

Hi DoktorDoris,

First off, I really like your DorisNet website: http://web.me.com/doktordoris/Site/Welcome.html
    Your parrot saying "Achoo" is just hilarious and your Chihuahua, Masie, is just awesome =] I clicked on your advertisements below to help support it.

In a response to your comments, I hear and understand what you're saying and how much you value the MacRumors website and I really admire how you stand up for your convictions. I read all your other postings and see how much you truly invest in the forums and that you clearly contribute constructively to the threads.

I apologize for making you feel ripped off and hope that you reconsider playing my two games, A Fuzzy Memory and Smart Target and leave an honest rating. I really put a lot of effort into making them and made free versions because I feel I want to both contribute back to the freebie market and also scrape by a living from in-app purchases. I'm solely a one-person developer struggling to make any real money at all in iPhone/iPad development.

I really like the macrumors site and I also apologize for not contributing more than just new game announcements at the moment. I have honestly been too busy working something like 12 hour days learning and making the above mentioned games so I couldn't spend any time in the forums contributing. Thanks for pointing that out, I will do more to contribute now that I have finished the programming side of things.

10. doktordoris, Dec 9, 2011

doktordoris

fair enough.

sorry i sounded like a tosser.

I am sure you can understand how much I love this site, and perhaps overreact when i think people are behaving inappropriately .Obviously you are one of the good guys and i got things wrong.

Once again Im very sorry.

doris

But perhaps taking the piss out of me isn't appropriate when you are the one who has ignored the site rules?
    oh yes, I'm sorry my dog and parrot aren't up to your expectations. as you are such a clever person what should i teach my parrot to say next?

11. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

Again, I apologize. I was actually admiring your pets and there was no intended sarcasm if that's what you thought. I actually have birds and cats of my own which I love as well and so I honestly enjoyed your videos!

If you still feel that I have ignored the site rules, I ask that you forgive me as I did not feel like I did and nor was it ever my intention to break them.

And also I realize that the length of my original response would seem inappropriate and have shortened it and should have been more sensitive on my part. I'm such a n00b still with regards to forums postings.

Sorry again!

12. doktordoris, Dec 9, 2011

doktordoris

no, no mate.

i really was acting like a tit. i am sorry. i jut assumed you were using the site as a place for free adverts. i didn't even know your apps were for free. please forgive me.

doris

and if you like my parrot you should see my jackdaw. it says a few words (hullo, what, oh no, and bollocks), but more interestingly it barks just like masie does. it imitates both her "woof", and "yip" sounds.

TBH you have done me a favour, i thought my website had been irretrievably lost until you showed me a link to it. for some reason typing in dorisnet.com didn't result in going to my site like it used to.

so yes sarcasm etc aside I really am sorry for thinking the worse of you. i hope you can understand my motivations.

doris

oh yes, with regards to noob-tish and bibble! i only have an interesting title on account of giving the site 17 pounds or thereabouts a year.

13. rosepearstudio, Dec 9, 2011

rosepearstudio

No worries at all mate ;) I only seek to know people on deeper levels and to have clarity in understanding all things so I totally understand and have faith and trust with regards to the postings and their motivations.

I'm glad you've found your site again; it's a good one and I hope you continue to work on it and add even more great content to it.

I have subscribed to your YouTube channel. I look forward to your YouTube postings of your JackDaw when you get the chance!

14. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

thanks for being so cool about our misunderstanding.

fondest regards

doris

15. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

One of the reasons i just spent over 2 grand on a sexy iMac was to start writing my website again and to practise and hopefully make a living from my writing.

I am jolly pleased that you enjoyed reading my page.

but how did you find my page? i tried 2 days ago, when i got my mac, to look at the page dorisnet.com, but it just said something along the lines of "no joy. page gone". I think that is because i haven't paid the website people for the dorisnet.com page. but, as you discovered and told me, the original iWeb page is still available online.

16. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

I was reading your other postings and found your discussion about the your blog and found a link to your old site. Your www.dorisnet.com is still registered under GoDaddy according to the WhoIs search so you must still own it. You can go into the GoDaddy domain setting for your account to setup the forwarding back to your old site. Or you can setup your site on a new web host.

I will be glad to help you set all that up =] Just message me and I'll be glad to go through the steps with you on how to get setup again! I'd want for you to be a success at what you do and to help and encourage others do the same so I hope I can help!

17. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

A Fuzzy Memory is featured on the iTunes App Store for new featured apps in Canada!

+++Featured #1 in Canada!!!, #11 in US new Medical apps+++
    +++Featured #2, #8 in Canada for new Music and Education game+++

Reviews are coming in:
    Canada:
    Fun to play! - ★★★★★
    by Chronopolis18 - Version 1.0 - Dec 9, 2011
    Great atmosphere! Addictive and really challenging! Fun game to play!

US:
    Fun - ★★★★★
    by Jtk456 - Version 1.0 - Dec 13, 2011
    Challenging yet easy at the same time.

Good for working the mind - ★★★★★
    by Barn banjo - Version 1.0 - Dec 11, 2011
    Simple brain work out

Thanks so much everyone! Please keep them coming! I enjoy hearing feedback from each of you!

18. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

***Updated Dec 13, 2011*** A Fuzzy Memory is featured on the iTunes App Store under Medical

+++Featured #1 in Canada!!!, #2 in US new Medical apps+++ for iPad
    +++Featured #2 in Canada!!!, #4 US for new Music game+++ for iPhone

It's starting to climb the top 20 and top 10 charts in some countries under What's Hot!

Give the game a spin and test the limits of your own memory.

A Fuzzy Memory for iPhone and iPad: App Store - A Fuzzy Memory

19. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

A Fuzzy Memory will train your memory to become stronger and faster. Find out what level of memory you currently have and push it to the limit.

FREE for LIMITED time!

iPad Version:
    +++Featured #1 in Canada!, #1 in Australia, #1 in Taiwan, #1 in Poland for new Medical apps+++
    +++Featured #1 in Canada!, #1 in Poland under new Music apps, #2 in Taiwan for new Educational app+++

Currently rising in the charts for What's Hot in various countries!

I'm currently working on the Android version so I'm busy busy busy!

20. rosepearstudio, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

rosepearstudio

A Fuzzy Memory is charting #7 under What's Hot under medical apps for iPhone! #11 for iPad!

I'm still waiting for Apple to approve the latest update to allow for iOS 3.1.3 support and changes to the menus.

21. Doc750, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

Doc750 macrumors 6502a

Just downloaded it ... Thanks!

The game is way too easy.

22. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

hehe, are you so sure? =]

What level did you reach? The game starts with 5 items of memory with 2 choices. Then it slowly ups it to 4 choices.

Get the training pack and go past level 71 and see how difficult it can truly get! With the training pack enabled, you will be able to test 10 items and up to 10 different choices if you can get that high.

Let me know how you do! I hope you like the training. I have a speed fix coming in the next update to allow you to choose a faster start speed (it also helps with the OpenFeint speed achievements if you try for those)

23. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

A Fuzzy Memory is now #3 in Canada under What's Hot for iPad and #13 for iPhone!

v1.03 is now released with a better menu system and an initial speed choice at the start of the game to set the play speed. It can also be played on old devices, like my iPod touch 2G!

I am impressed by the high scores that some people are getting in OpenFeint and Game Center! Have you tried the game yet? Does it help with training your short term memory? Let me know your impressions and suggestions for it for my next update!

Thanks!

The game is also now available for Android devices.

24. rosepearstudio thread starter macrumors newbie

rosepearstudio

A Fuzzy Memory hit #1 in What's Hot for Music games in Canada on the iPhone! #3 Medical app in Canada on iPad.

Here are the top 5 memory masters in OpenFeint playing the Training Pack with up to 10 items of memory. Nice work!

Name Score
    Player 1578193682 586
    Player 1570603002 511
    inc0gnito 352
    cbyoung 243
    DaveB49 220

If you know anyone who has Android, let them try it as well!