Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
i know this may sound dumb but i just wanted to see if i knew what i was doing

I want to run Oregon trail (yes i know i am such a 90's child) on my iMac (see sig) but it is for Mac OS 8.6 - 9.1. I know apple removed classic environment but is there anyway i can run it?

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
the ROM mention is not available and to get the one from apple to work u have to use a TOME app and it does not seem to work

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
After fumbling around for a while I finally got SheepShaver's ROM file to work. However, I can't get it to install System 7.5.3. SheepShaver doesn't recognize the installer.

Mac-Biodiesel

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2008
what i mean is are u running leopard and how did u get it to work on leopard

Dude, like the other guy said, check out that uneasysilence.com article and the comments people have posted there. It has everything you need to know. It works with Leopard just fine, too. I know it's a really long article, so perhaps you should start with the last comment and work your way up from there. ;)

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
Dude, like the other guy said, check out that uneasysilence.com article and the comments people have posted there. It has everything you need to know. It works with Leopard just fine, too. I know it's a really long article, so perhaps you should start with the last comment and work your way up from there. ;)

i did but all the ROMs are not available any more

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.