A Genius Bar Story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WhySoSerious, Jan 14, 2010.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

On October 13th, I cracked my MPB screen.... read and see images here.

The screen still functioned properly and I decided to just keep the MBP and not fix it.

Fast forward to January 4th and all of a sudden my MBP would boot up, but the screen remained blacked out completely....no image, no light, nothing.

So I took it into the Genius Bar to get examined. They told me I had the dreaded Nvidia 8600 faulty graphics card and it needed to be replaced. So, they took my MBP and sent it off to Houston, TX for a repair.

2 days later, Houston repair center calls and tells me that Apple is required to repair the entire unit on submitted machines, not just specifics. They told me it would cost $0 for the new graphics card, but they also MUST fix the cracked screen, which would be a $1250 charge to ME.

Um, no, I told them. I don't want you to touch the screen at all. Leave the screen alone and just give me a new card since Apple has acknowledged the faulty Nvidia 8600 back from 2007. They said they would see what they could do.

4 days later I get a call from my Genius Bar and they said they replaced the graphics card AND replaced the screen....all free of charge....and that they were very, very sorry that I got a machine with the faulty Nvidia 8600.

That's pretty sweet customer service if i do say so myself. Thanks Apple!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

3. pink-pooj macrumors newbie

Lucky... my iPod's hard disk pooped out after two two years and all they can do is make me cough up half the price I bought it for... so I passed it off as working "as is" in small text on eBay lol...

4. Incision macrumors newbie

I am happy for you, and happy that it all worked out. I wish that all experiences could be this good....

Im still in a dispute with them from over 4 months ago.

5. tooz macrumors 6502

I just hope that my experience on monday will go as well as yours did :)

6. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Karma is going to suck for you, buddy.

7. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

wow, that's horrible. Wouldn't it have a happy ending if you donated the proceeds from that sale to the Haitian earthquake victims?