Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
What a bunch of robots. I think even Stevie would be happy for someone to have had the balls to take some initiative and turned that computer 90º and moved the other one down closer to the pillar and set up something else in the extra space.
Or, if that seems too risky, just remove it.

godaz

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
Well thats stupid, you would think they would just rotate them 90*

No idea how some people get jobs working for apple with ideas like that...

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
rawr.jpg

That is priceless!!! Apple should pay you for that. (Wait . . . is that a contradiction?)

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
iSheep

Having worked for the retail portion of a fortune 500 company, I can tell you I would have gotten in more trouble for putting up something that ridiculous then I would have for fixing it.

Granted, there's probably things like fire codes and what not that you have to work around too, but they could have at least not kept that computer there....

Agreed.

I spent 3 years in Sales/Merch management for Borders, and I can tell you that no matter how strict the planogram was, we had leeway if there was a pole in the way! I remember remodeling a store that had all sorts of load bearing poles in inconvenient places, and watching the remodel manager from corp working on-the-fly to make usability changes with our construction crew.

There's no excuse for that level of non-thinking, except that it was probably done by someone who just didn't care when they put the display up.

AppCaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
So it's been a few days and I happen to be in the neighborhood again today, and stopped in. The laptop is still facing the column.

This time, they weren't busy, so I decided to ask an employee about it. He laughed and ask "What... you can't reach it?" :)

He went on to say they they are told to strictly stick to planograms, so they did. But after the laptop was placed in such a silly spot, they took a picture and "sent it in to corporate". Corporate came back with "It's fine, leave it."

So that laptop will remain there... facing the column... seriously.

It's going to become a tourist attraction. I just know it. Next time you're in the store, take a photo with the column and post it!

Boom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.