A gift for my parents 25th anniversery

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by insomniac321123, May 3, 2007.

1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

This coming august my parents will be celebrating their 25th anniversery. My broher and I want to get them something nice. Does anybody have any creative ideas? We need to keep it under $500USD considering I'm in college and my brother is still in high school.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

It depends what kind of things they like / already have...maybe a really nice music system :)

3. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

use what you have...start scanning pictures of their life together and create a nice iMovie as a retrospect of the 25th anniversary...then send them out for a weekend getaway at a B&B or somehting like that with the $500 - the movie will have them in tears...;) and they will remember it forever.

4. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

for my parents' 25th anniversary, i coordinated a surprise party/luncheon and invited all the relatives, their friends, etc. my grandma helped a wee little bit with the money, but all in all i think we spent about $500 for cake (which was decorated in the same colors and flowers as their wedding cake), food, and a place for the party...we just reserved the back room of a nice restaurant, and paid for buffet-style food. i think about 50 people actually showed up.

i'll never forget that day...both my mom and dad teared up when they walked in and saw everyone. :)

i also like ziwi's movie idea very much! ;)

5. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Buy them tickets to a show and treat them to a nice dinner.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've arranged surprise parties AND made slideshows and home movies for my parents anniversaries over the years. They appreciated them all.

Sending them on a short slightly-out-of-town vacation is a good idea too.

When you take the time to plan any of these things, knowing what they'd like, it doesn't take much cash to make it happen and make them happy. It's the thought that counts, especially with parents.

7. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I did the same for my parents' 25th. Surprise party and video. Worked pretty damn well, believe me.

irmongoose