A Good Alarm Clock?

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
I'm trying to find an alarm clock that will go off even if the computer is asleep. i downloaded MP3 Alarm Clock 2.2 from Version Tracker, and it won't go off in the mornings if I put my computer to sleep at night.

Who want to leave their computer running all night just for a morning alarm? This seems like an obvious thing to do something about.

So anyway, does anyone know of an alarm clock that will wake from sleep mode?

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
Hibbity said:
I'm trying to find an alarm clock that will go off even if the computer is asleep. i downloaded MP3 Alarm Clock 2.2 from Version Tracker, and it won't go off in the mornings if I put my computer to sleep at night.

Who want to leave their computer running all night just for a morning alarm? This seems like an obvious thing to do something about.

So anyway, does anyone know of an alarm clock that will wake from sleep mode?
I would just buy an alarm clock...

there is one solution that i can think of off the top of my head....

Shutdown your computer (i know i know) but have it set to start up right before the alarm...

just get a alarm clock.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Do you have Panther?

Cause if so You can set you PB to wake up / turn on at a certain time. You can just set it to wake up 5 mins before the alarm clock goes off. In in the settings under power management.

KingSleaze

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2004
So. Cal
Hibbity said:
<snip>Who want to leave their computer running all night just for a morning alarm? This seems like an obvious thing to do something about. <snip>
I leave it on all the time, Folding for Team MacRumors.

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
"Do you have Panther?

Cause if so You can set you PB to wake up / turn on at a certain time. You can just set it to wake up 5 mins before the alarm clock goes off. In in the settings under power management."

I have a mini with Panther, can I still do this? That would solve my problem completely.

And yes, I could go out and buy an alarm clock, but if I can set up my computer to act as one instead it makes things much simpler. :rolleyes:

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I have a mini with Panther, can I still do this? That would solve my problem completely.
I think so. If you go into your system preferences, and click on the the Envergy Saver icon, itll take you to the preferences. about 1/3 of the way down, you'll see 3 buttons. Click on the second one which says "Schedule"
You should be able to figure it out from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.