A good and mostly simple photo application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kx22, Feb 4, 2011.

1. kx22 macrumors member

Hi,
    My new Macbook Air comes with iLife '11, which contains iPhoto. But I really don't like iPhoto. It is way to big (like 200mb) and sorts my pictures in a horrible way. I'm looking for an easy app like what Sparrow is for mail. I don't mind paying for an app, but Aperture is a bit pricy. All I want is just a little app that will show my pictures like a little dia-show. Up till now I made my own folders with selfnamed photofolders. This is the windows-way, but it does keep everything organized. But there must be a better solution...

Any simple apps you are using for photo collections?

Thanks a lot,
    Kx22

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Eusebius macrumors member

To expand upon the previous post: if all you want to do is to view your previously organized photos, use the finder. Select the photos you want to view (e.g. with command + A) and open preview.

Preview does slide shows (shift + command + F). Even quicker: after selecting your photos in finder, go to File in the menu, press the option key and "slide show" will magically appear.

Preview can do some basic photo editing, too (crop, rotate, etc.)

4. kx22 thread starter macrumors member

Im already doing this now, but something like iPhoto were i can place all the photos by myself.