A Good Apple Watch competitor

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thedeejay, Jan 6, 2015.

1. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Until now, I thought the Apple Watch had it over all other "E-Watches" but behold here comes: Withings. Looks decent and isn't too expensive!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tough choice huh?

2. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

Well, if it is important to you that a smartwatch mimics old-fashioned watches maybe.

Personally I am in the camp that couldn't care less if a smartwatch looks like a a traditional watch or not. I would much rather have a form factor that maximises the possibilities instead of shoehorning it into looking like an actual watch.

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

This is just a traditional analog watch with some sensors built in. Not even close to the same thing.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone could want this anyway, as it tracks basically the same things that smartphones already can.

4. dannn macrumors regular

Although I do see the aesthetic appeal of the Withings watch, I do agree that it is a different type of product than the apple watch. It's more similar to a fitbit than an apple watch. I am personally interested in being able to receive notifications on my wrist so the Withings is not something I'm interested in.

Also, just something to point out, that shown Withings activite is $450... At that price point, I think most people would opt for the apple watch. The $150 Withings pop on the other hand may be something some people would be interested in, just because it's cheaper.

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

The Activité Pop looks like a decent buy. Really nice to look at, with the guts of a $100 fitness tracker. But its more a competitor to FitBit than Apple.

6. Tanegashima macrumors 6502

Seriously?

The Activité isn't even a smartwatch. It's a fitness tracker with a Quartz watch on top.

7. Tycho24 Suspended

Tycho24

In other news... a Ducati is a fantastic motorcycle, sooooooo... tough competition in sales against a Porsche, right??

8. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

The Apple watch will be a decent watch, the Activite will be decent as well. I think they are two different watches entirely, for two different markets. Both are expensive. My wife likes the Apple watch, and I like the Activite. It is personal preference.

9. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Non-Apple watches are usually discussed in the Alternatives section, but since many people might not visit there, and the topic is nice looking smartwatches...

I'm linking a video of LG's unannounced stainless steel & sapphire smartwatch, a super variation of the LG R which was noticed on the arm of an Audi exhibitor at CES. It was customized for Audi with a car app for things like remote unlock, etc, and even supposedly has a cellular connection, for voice or data (unknown).

Oh yeah, and it runs WebOS.

Hopefully LG will announce it for real at the upcoming MWC in early March.

10. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Tithings is iffy on quality and function. I have several of their products, all are buggy and their customer service is awful. Their scale is great, the Pulse is awful.

11. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

This one let's you use your current analog face...and apparently also unlocks and starts an Audi as well...:p

http://kairostband.com/