A good bag to schlepp a Canon XH A1

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chelseasian, Nov 28, 2007.

1. chelseasian macrumors regular

chelseasian

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good bag to carry the Canon Xh A1 cam around? I hate the ones I saw on Amazon and B&H- the gym bagg-ish looking ones and I am not a fan of the metalllic/plastic cases. Ideally I would like something like a backpack type. I appreciate any recommendations.

Danke.

2. trudd macrumors regular

trudd

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I've got a KATA HB-205, and it's great. Fits the camera, tapes, 2 mics, a poofy windscreen, a mic shockmount, charger, extra battery, all cables, and various odds and ends. Aaaand, it's carry-on compatible with the airlines. Just about the biggest allowable though.

I switched to this after having a LowePro PhotoTrekker II, which was just overly cumbersome. Yeah, it could probably fit twice the crap that the HB-205 can, but it was terrible for anything other than walking the camera to the car and back. Felt like a giant toaster. Good luck hiking, let alone skiing or any other activity with that beast. Additionally, the KATA is much more protective, being fully padded and even having a plastic bottom section to absorb falls.

I would tell you with 100% certainty that you should go with KATA... if not for the fact that they supply the Israeli Military. I'll leave that for you to mull over.

4. Lebowski macrumors 6502

portabrace is the standard for most shooters i know...

they have really nice bags.

i use a larger DV organizer bag from them for my XL1 and GL2, with all my mics, cables, batts... lots of room.

5. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I also just received an XH A1 and am looking for a bag... please keep the suggestions coming. :D

6. fart macrumors regular

I recommend the Tamrac Cyberpack 8 backpack. I've owned the standard hard cases, the Kata soft bags, but the Tamrac backpack is easily the best I've used. It's so nice to throw everything on your back and have full use of both hands.

It's got enough room for an FX/Z1 + WA, DSLR w/ a few lenses, batteries, tapes, on camera light, shotgun mic, etc, etc. Highly recommended.

7. seany916 macrumors 6502

We use Kata for local & Pelican for travel. Not saying they're better than other brands. Just what we decided on and what has worked well for us.

8. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    There's a seller selling a PCCB-1N over on dvinfo.net and I was considering making an offer for it. I just got my XH-A1 and need something pretty fast.