A good camera app to replace the stock one?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by as11ley, Sep 15, 2013.

1. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anybody knew of any good 3rd party camera apps :) The reason being is I just cannot stand the horrible camera app icon in iOS 7, I know its only an icon but I don't like it at all lol.
    Please suggest bellow, I am prepared to pay for an app but it has to be decent.

Cheers :)

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You can't delete the stock one, right now, thus you'll still be stuck with it....

3. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

You can move the camera app into a folder so you don't see the icon and then just access it via Control Centre or the lock screen.

4. Damolee macrumors 6502

Moment cam is good, or use to be on iOS 6. Very simple and clean interface. Less obnoxious looking than even the stock iOS 7 cam.

Doesn't have that silly shutter effect.

For full fledged features I guess Camera+

5. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

This. Best camera app out there. I've been using it since… 1714 or so.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, just use it from Control Center (and it's even consistent with how you would use it from the lock screen too).

Same goes for Calculator and some other apps that you might have had that now can be accessed from Control Center.

That aside, I believe some of the more popular camera apps are Camera+ and Camera Awesome.

7. cfairbank macrumors 6502

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Until Apple releases a public API for HDR I'm sticking with the default camera app. 90% of the time the HDR picture looks better.

Also, I've found the camera app in iOS 7 to be blazing fast. It's quite a nice change from iOS 6.

9. opmisk macrumors member