A good chuckle for your morning...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Thought you all might find this amusing...

My girlfriend and I went to watch the new Friday the 13th movie last night. Turned out there was only one other couple in the theater so it was pretty cool.

Anyhow, we were sitting there waiting for the previews to begin since we had gotten there pretty early. She just recently starting using her iPhone again and was playing around with Winterboard. She's like "This is really weird. You gotta see this." She then turns her phone upside down and starts hitting her knee with the top. She does this about ten times and when nothing happens decides her knee isn't hard enough and starts banging it on the concrete floor.

Finally, after my jaw had dropped, she got the screen to flash. She's like "Now this is the weirdest part" and goes into her camera roll and shows me a screenshot of her springboard. "It's like a glitch or something!" I didn't wanna slap my forehead so I just laughed, told her it's a feature, and showed her how to do it without risking shattering her glass screen.

Funniest part is she had discovered this at work and another guy with a 3G was actually attempting to replicate it with no luck.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. Iphonelvr macrumors member

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's really great. I encourage you to milk this story for all it's worth. :D

I like that someone who can get so far as installing Winterboard on their iPhone would be doing this.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is why I take all the "my phone has a physical flaw" threads around here with a huge grain of salt.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

a huge grain?

OP, maybe you should get her an account on MR. She'd learn a lot, and we could always use more girls around here.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

8. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I've seen members here who seemed extremely knowledgeable yet were still in the dark on some of the more obscure features.

I actually JB and installed Winterboard for her, but she has since learned how to customize her own themes and whatnot.

9. Haephestos macrumors regular

Rofl! Good story. But, it is true that many iDevice users don't know about this feature.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Perhaps you should take it away from her again if she can't play nice.