Resolved A good clipboard manager

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CodeBreaker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. CodeBreaker, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm looking for a good clipboard manager with these features:

1. neat and easy to use
    2. support for keyboard shortcuts
    3. ability to store at least 15 clips
    4. ability to delete individual clips (w/o clearing entire history)

I've tried many so far, but none have all these features. They have many extra features which I may never use (quick look, growl support, evernote integration, blah...). I need it to just store text.

I'm currently using FlyCut (Jumpcut) and it's the best so far. But it doesn't allow to delete individual clips. So an App like Jumpcut/FluCut with delete support would mean heaven to me.

2. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I use iClipboard and it does what I need, including the ability to delete individual items. It's not cheap. I've also used CuteClips and it works well, too.

3. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I will give them a try.

4. Jolly Jimmy, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

iClip is my all time favourite. I've tried every clipboard manager under the sun and I find it to be the easiest to use, fully featured (but not full of useless options like some others) and most importantly for me unobtrusive. Take iClipboard for example, the clip tab is enormous even at the smallest option and has an ugly label that sticks out of the side of the screen at all times.

5. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried iClipBoard, iClip and Cute Clips and Clipboard History. Cute Clips was quite nice, but I really can't spend that much. So I went with Clipboard History. It's almost exactly what I want, but it misses a couple of features. I suggested them to the developer so I may expect them in the next release.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

6. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

7. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried it too. It's really advanced (especially the actions/scripts functionality). The interface is also simple and elegant. (I'm not a big fan of glass circles/cubes/docks showing my clippings) But it's not good (as compared to Clipboard History/Cute Clips) for quickly pasting. For example, to access a clip, you have to go shift-cmd-v which takes you to a folder, then after another key press, you see the clippings, and then you can select them. But other apps show you all clippings as soon as you invoke them.

And to select actions/scripts, you have to click, which is not that fast as compared to keyboard shortcuts. I know it's just a matter of a key press or a click, but I copy-paste a lot (mostly LaTeX and while writing software) so <shortcut-arrow-enter> works wonders for me.

8. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Flycut from the Mac App Store is great.

It is a fork of the Jumpcut project which is also a great app but hasn't been updated in a while.

9. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Clipdoubler lite is another one in the store. ClipMorpher is free also.

10. Gregg2 macrumors 603

CopyPaste from Script Software is another one. Not free...

11. avi.carmi macrumors newbie