A Good Corner/L Shaped Desk?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Goftrey, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I'm looking for a corner/L shaped desk that'll fit in my room... The maximum room I have to work with is...

120cm One Way
    50cm The Other

It's not much but I need more room so I can fit an eMac, a keyboard, a mouse, a laptop, a dock for my iPhone and one day a cinema display for my laptop, I don't really have a budget as it's an essential bit of kit I need to house all my Apple'y goodness :p

Cheers dudes and gals

2. tmagman macrumors 6502

Check out Ikea's 'Gallant' desks. I think one of them may fit in that corner space you're talking about. They're modular so you buy whatever pieces and styles that fit. Not super expensive but great quality. I've had great luck with mine.

3. Jwink444 macrumors member

Check out SteelCase. Spefically, Currency by TurnStone products. Modern sleek stuff without a huge price tag. I just bought the desk in the link below. Great quality and looks fantastic. It's L shaped and I believe they will customize it size wise if you ask. Worth checking out at least. Good luck in your search.

http://store.steelcase.com/products/currency-home-habitat-desk/

JP

4. radicalcentrist macrumors member

Yep

I was going to say this as well. They look nice enough that I outfitted my small office (4 of us) with them, and I've received several compliments from clients visiting the office on how nice everything looks.

5. Flunkyturtle macrumors 6502

Could try making one to fit your EXACT requirement?

I made mine out of some old MDF i had in the shed :)

Mine needed to be pretty long for me to have space for macbook and iMac but also room to do work on other peoples stuff

[​IMG]
    By flunkyturtle at 2012-03-19

[​IMG]
    By flunkyturtle at 2012-04-13

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1 for the Galant desk. Mine is great and fits my monitors, external drives, printer, midi keyboard, wacom tablet and more comfortably.

7. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I suspect that after 6 months the OP has found a solution. In any case, I'm another Gallant fan.