A good Flash development program for OS X?

obelix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick question here. Are there any other flash development programs other than the expensive set that Macromedia makes for the Mac? On Windows there is Swish... but I haven't found anything like it for the Mac. Any suggestions?

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Expensive set? If by set you mean Macromedia Studio, you don't need the whole studio- you just need Flash. It really isn't very expensive, and cheaper yet if you happen to be a student. The best advice for making flash is use Flash.

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ha - I didn't even know there were any other apps out there that made flash - doesn't really make sense, especially if you want to use action script.....

D

Comment

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Mr. Anderson said:
Ha - I didn't even know there were any other apps out there that made flash - doesn't really make sense, especially if you want to use action script.....

D
yeah there's swish and adobe go motion or something. I had a former boss who used Swish all the time and his work looked horrible. Now I can spot a swish site from a mile away.

Comment

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2004
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
obelix said:
Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick question here. Are there any other flash development programs other than the expensive set that Macromedia makes for the Mac? On Windows there is Swish... but I haven't found anything like it for the Mac. Any suggestions?
I thought Swish was for character animation only

Comment

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
dornoforpyros said:
yeah there's swish and adobe go motion or something.
I think you're talking about Adobe LiveMotion. I use 2.0 for all my flash work. I also have LiveMotion 1.0 and Flash 5.0 on my old 8100, but I haven't used them in a long time.

Also Adobe ImageReady CS is able to make flash animations. I've never done much with ImageReady and flash, so I have no idea what it is able to do beyond animation.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.