a good macbook concept?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by grooveattack, Dec 16, 2008.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I dont like it. It's too fiddly. I just want a simple and durable two-piece notebook.

More things dangling off a computer means more things to go wrong.

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

As of today that's technically impossible without making it cost tens of thousands of dollars. But even if it were possible to make that at a cost below $10,000, it would still be too big physically, too heavy, too prone to damage, too impossible to use in small places, etc. etc. In other words, I think it's a bad macbook concept. But the giant track pad looks awesome assuming they could entirely eliminate accidental input from your palms and wrists.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It kinda defeats the purpose of a PORTABLE if you have those extra screen dangling off the side.. What I do like however, is the Bezel :D Nice and NARROW

5. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

...ummm, i was under the impression that 3D OS just meant, an OS that was rendered to look like a 3D environment on screen. i.e. you still have your plain old 2D display, but the actual software displays a virtual three-dimensional workspace to do your daily tasks in. The patent is for a 3D OS, not a 3D Monitor.

That being the case, I still think it sounds dumb, as it seems that you would need a larger screen size/resolution to have enough space to work amongst all the walls and such, thus hurting the potential for the 13" laptop models.

6. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Its alot like the curved xxl-widescreen iMac concept from early this year, but bad. Really not good at all. Its alot like those Windows Vista promo laptops with the rss reader on the back of the display, it just adds bulk.

7. tompon1923 macrumors 6502

tompon1923

toshiba made a model like this years (with those screens, no multitouch) ago, can't remember the model though.

8. kasakka macrumors 65816

I like the idea of those smaller side screens, but not for a laptop. I'd love to have something like that for a second monitor because at the moment I simply run stuff like IRC, Google Reader, Gmail etc on my 2nd screen and that's kind of a waste of a perfectly good 21" display.

9. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Um.... have you used the new unibody macbooks? I just put my hand on the keyboard and moved my palm around on the trackpad and the mouse didn't move a cm. I think you're problem is not a problem, I see Apple adding a huge trackpad in the future, but I don't know if it will look like this.... why would you need all that space for a trackpad? Mine is big enough already....

10. gamer2502 macrumors regular

11. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Isn't this exactly what spaces was made for? It's not as good as having a second monitor, but it's the next best thing.

12. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

kind of reminds me of the 20" laptop dell had called the M2010, I dont think that they sell it anymore because it just didnt sell. It was to big and just didnt make any since.

13. timestoby macrumors 6502

thats really lame,but would be cool once these screens can be that thin paper stuff lol. i always thought apple would do a macbook slim size,but the keyboard area would be a screen with touch. so having a touch screen keyboard lol.

14. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Agree. Its unnecessary.