A Good MBP Laptop BACKPACK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skookie5, Mar 29, 2010.

1. skookie5 macrumors newbie

Hey, I am currently looking for a laptop BACKPACK for my 15 inch MBP (newest model). I was wondering if any of you have suggestions. This generally isn't for school, more for travel, so a bit of extra room is nice. Also, if you have an opinion on these bags (because I was considering them as well) its all greatly appreciated (any of the "select a color" - I was steering away from the white because of staining, would you agree that's an issue?): http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV982LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU1NzU&s=topSellers

Thanks!

2. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Any chance you could get into a store somewhere and get a feel for some bags first-hand? Apple Store, Best Buy, Office Max, whatever ... I think being able to get your hands on them is the way to go. I'm pretty picky with my bags in terms of having enough pockets but not too many, roomy enough for lots of crap but not too much extra space, etc., and since you're asking for opinions, I imagine you might be the same way.

I looked at all the bags on the Apple site, and I liked the look & storage (as far as I could tell in pictures) of some of the STM bags, and I liked the Hurley bag, too, but in the end, I just wasn't willing to drop that much money on something I wasn't sure of. I ended up with a pretty perfect Targus bag (which I learned was on clearance at check out!) that I found at Best Buy.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I though I'd offer up that opinion at least.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

While I haven't written a full review. Cannot say enough good things about BBP Bags' Industries Backpack. Wait until this weekend, you'll have a full review.

4. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

I've been using my North Face Surge backpack since August and I love it! I use it at my uni along with my computer listed in my sig. The incase sleeve is also a great protecter that I use when taking my MBP out.

5. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

There is only one brand I know from experience that creates good quality bags that I enjoy very much, Crumpler.

I currently own the Sinking Barge, which holds a 15" laptop i believe and my Canon DSLR.

There is a Crumpler bag called the "King Single" which holds a 15inch laptop and you're sure to have much more needed space. It comes with an assortment of colors if you want. Its priced for $150, but honestly I've had my "Dreadful Embarrassment" (Messenger Bag that holds 17inch laptop) for about 3 years, same price, and no signs of wear. The bag is worth the money.

Crumpler has been making excellent bags in my opinion, I have friends who has had their bags for several years longer than I have.

6. clarkmichelle macrumors newbie

Check out this neat laptop backpack from Briggs & Riley. The best thing about this bag is that you can easily transform it from a work bag to an activity bag. The backpack has lots of room for all your essentials – laptop, stationery, peripherals, power supply, files, etc.

7. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I second the suggestion to go to a local store to check out the bags you see online, in person. Be it an Apple Store, Best Buy, etc. If you have a Microcenter near you they usually have like 2 aisles of bags you can check out, I love it there.

Also, if you have a TJ Maxx/Marshall's nearby (I know, sounds weird) they usually have a surprisingly good selection of laptop backpack/messenger bags for good prices. I got a nice targus for like $25, and they sometimes even have "designer" brands like Timbuk2, Ben Sherman, etc. in stock. I love just checking my local TJ Maxx once every couple of weeks as they constantly change stock.

8. ttopp macrumors regular

i have a swisgear it is great. well done the GF on a good crimbo pressie

9. Izzybeff macrumors member

I have a Targus from Best Buy.. It was about $50 and works perfectly for me. I use it every day and it shows no wear so far.

10. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim