A good method to change frame rate of large video clips?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Elevon, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Elevon macrumors regular

Hi,

Right now I have a set of large video files (mp4) each aprox. 5-10GB(!) and I would like to know if there are any good methods or softwares out there that I could use to lower the frame rates of the videos (also reduce the file sizes).

For those who are wondering why the files sizes are so big is because my brother wanted to create a time-lapse video of his drawing, therefore he recorded the hours of video 1080p, 25fps

We are now having a difficult time trying to modify the video clips with such high file size. I'm not too good at video editing myself, so if you guys know any good methods please share it to us!

Thanks

2. vondudka macrumors newbie

What frame rate are you trying to change it to? Cinema Tools can conform frame rates to different ones (usually slowing it down). Large files are the nature of video work. The easiest way to make them a little smaller would be to convert them to 720p if you don't absolutely need 1080 or to lose a little bit of quality. You can use compressor to do this or you can use a free program call mpeg streamclip that works really well to change quality, resolution, and frame rates.

Check it out here

http://www.squared5.com/