A Good "Switching" Book Needed

DavidLeigh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hi,

I can probably learn OS X from just using it, but 'm looking for good book about the OS anyway. I know about the Missing Manuals books, both the OS X Lion and the Switching books, and then there's the Dummies guides. Which ones would you recommend?

Cheers,

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
If you/re after really comprehensive books, written in non-technical language, have a look at the "missing manual" series by David Pogue. Available on Amazon. Thoroughly recommended.

DavidLeigh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
If you/re after really comprehensive books, written in non-technical language, have a look at the "missing manual" series by David Pogue. Available on Amazon. Thoroughly recommended.
I know there a general Mac OSX Lion and a Switching to the Mac. Both are pretty hefty books. Which would you recommend to a newbie?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I know there a general Mac OSX Lion and a Switching to the Mac. Both are pretty hefty books. Which would you recommend to a newbie?
If you are switching from Windows, I would get the switching book. The OS X book (at least the one I bought a few years ago) did not get into this area much. Also, the OS X one has a lot of really arcane info on OS X you will likely not need.