A good way to get a free iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DryEyez, Aug 4, 2012.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2010
    iPhone 4S owners are getting pretty desperate locally to get rid of their phone.

I am considering offering to trade my White S3 in return for an iPhone 4S 64Gb. Then when the new iPhone comes out trade that 64Gb version for a new 16Gb version.

Anyone else considering doing this? It's just the right time to do it I think. Locally the prices have dropped a lot whilst S3 has retained their price in my area.
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    I've never understood the fascination of swapping phones like trading cards

Moving from one phone to another to another
    Back and forth from iOS to Android
    Makes my head spin

I wish you well, and hope you end up a phone you like
    But sounds like you will switch again when the next new phone comes out
  3. McGiord macrumors 601

Oct 5, 2003
    Dark Castle
  4. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

Sep 6, 2011
    Phone swaps/sales happen everywhere, including Facebook selling groups.

I'm frantically trying to sell my iPhone 4S 32GB on Gumtree in the UK and I've just finally managed to grab a couple of buyers.

Sent off an invoice, we'll see what happens from then.

Many were selling at £450 a few days ago, but it seems the market has gone into post-announcement scramble (I left it too late) and I've had to settle for £400.

Which is okay, I suppose, seeing as I got the VAT knocked off before and picked it up for £500 instead of £600.
  5. igiboi macrumors member

Jun 17, 2012
    s3 is 149$ with a 2yr contract here in u.s., so its dropping its value too. Htc one x was 160$ last june and its offered 49-99$ here on sale with a 2 year contract cos s3 came out. If samsung releases the new note, s3 will drop its price some more.