A great Apple experience...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by memorygirl, Mar 1, 2011.

1. memorygirl macrumors newbie

Hi,

This is my first post. I was visiting this forum to learn more about the MacBook Pro before taking the leap and buying one. I finally decided to join to share a couple of great Apple experience regarding my purchase.

It's not my first dealings with Apple, since I have owned and loved my iTouch for years. Dealing with Apple regarding my iTouch, and how well it operated, led me to purchase a MacBook Pro as my next home computer.

I purchased a refurbished 2010 Pro 15inch, in the Apple online store about 3 weeks ago. It was refurbished and arrived in beautiful condition. I was enjoying it and did not regret the refurbished model for my needs and saving the money by not purchasing the new release. I did though notice the price drop since my purchase. I called Apple and they immediately offered to refund the difference. I was thrilled since I saved over $500!

Well a few days later, I started experiencing a few graphics gliches, for lack of a better term. My last computer was an HP that suffered from the NVIDEA graphics issues so my heart sank. After seeing this problem 3 times, I took the MacBook Pro to my Apple Store. They ran some diagnostics, but couldn't duplicate the issue. I explained my HP issues and all the high hopes I had for this Apple. I was polite and asked about returning it. They immediately said not to worry, they would just exchange it out in the store for a brand new one. This is not the new release, but a fresh out of the box 2010. I was happy once again. They kindly transferred all of my information onto the new model and here I sit typing away.

I know most people tend to post negative experiences with companies. To balance this, I thought I would share the excellent customer service.

I'm hoping to stay with the forum and learn what I can about my new MacBook.

Thanks for listening.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Really nice to hear your experience has been good.
    Things go wrong sometimes, but Apples pretty decent to deal with.

Anyway, welcome aboard. :)

4. tislight macrumors newbie

I have been having similar issues with my Macbook. My screen seems to black out unwarranted when ever it wants. I called apple today and they are overnighting me a box so I can send the Macbook back to them for repair. I am not sure if the blackout is going to happen when they receive it because I can't seem to make it happen....it just happens when it wants.

I wonder how they are going to handle the issue? I would hate for them to not see it blackout, do nothing, and then it starts happening again after I get it back. Pain in the keister.

5. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

good for you...memorygirl...geart first post..enjoy the new computer

6. memorygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'll be reading for a while :)

7. memorygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish you luck resolving your issue. Is this a recent purchase? Maybe a trip to your local Apple Store would be wise.

8. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

I had a similar issue with mine. They replaced the logic board twice, and the issue persisted, at which point they set me up to be switched me out for a new computer.

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

And that right there is the reason why Apple has been putting so much emphasis on their iOS devices. Purchasing the first iphone in 2007 is what got me into Macs as well, and led to me buying my first Apple computer. After being a Windows user all my life. I have since owned 4 different Macs plus a 5th which I bought for my girlfriend.

10. memorygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm finding so much information and support.

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Welcome to MR ... I enjoyed reading your post ... you sound like you deserved the treatment you got.

Apple Rocks ... be polite and respectful when dealing with them and they do great things for their clients.

cheers :cool: