A Great Day

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by exxxviii, Jul 1, 2015.

1. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Today was special. For the first time after a 30 day month, I did not have to reset the date on my watch. It is the little things that make the Apple Watch special.

2. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

Just wait until you travel across the world and time zones. That's when it's awesome to have a software driven connected watch! :)

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I can remember forgetting to change it and it was near the 10th of the new month before I realized that I had been using the wrong date for over a week!

Yea for not having to do this anymore.

4. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

One of the greatest features I hadn't thought about was the automatic time synchronization of the watch. It will be nice not having to worry about time changes or winding my watch.

5. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

..I miss adjusting the time/date on my mechanical Watch :(

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

One of the coolest "little things" I like the most about the Apple watch is the Mickey Mouse watch face. Bring 2 or more Apple watches together with the Mickey watch face and they all tap their feet in sync. It's nothing mind blowing but its neat.

7. exxxviii thread starter macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Great point. The next big Great Day will be Sunday, November 1, when I do not have to adjust my watch to roll back daylight saving time.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

My watch has made me lazy. Four weeks ago the power went out and I still haven't changed the time on my nightstand clock. Instead of fixing the time on the clock I just reach over at night and pick up my watch now. And with watchOS 2 it will be even better! Hell I don't even need a nightstand clock anymore. I've came this far without it and never missed it.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

My first watch was the kind that had to be wound up every day. I quite liked the little ritual of winding it each night, and missed doing it when I finally couldn't find a windup watch any more and had to switch to battery.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Now that I did not know.

Needs to be a thread for this little actions as the users discover them!

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I think either Lynch or Tim Cook briefly mentioned this during the keynote boasting how accurate the watch is and synced.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This will soon be lumped in the same category as hand cranking the engine.