A Great Repair Experience: What was your experience like?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Surely, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Surely Guest

Surely

Just thought I'd share my great repair experience at an Apple Store with everyone.

I bought a new SR MacBook (see my sig. for details) about a month ago. It's been running great since I got it, but I noticed a couple of minor issues. First of, the trackpad button wasn't balanced properly. If I pressed on the left side of it, it worked and sounded fine, but if I pressed on the right side of it, it made a loud crunch-click noise. It was also very slightly crooked to the right. It felt different than other MacBooks I've used. The other issue I was having was sometimes when I pressed the 'J' button, it wouldn't type. I would have to make sure I pressed it perfectly in the centre, and sometimes that wasn't good enough. My wife noticed the same problem with other buttons, but I think it's just because she has small hands :)

I wasn't sure if these were true issues or if I was just being picky. I decided to make an appointment at the Genius Bar to find out. Right away, the guy helping me recognised that it was a manufacturing issue, and ordered a whole new top part (keyboard, trackpad) for my MacBook (they didn't have one at the store). It arrived two days later, so I brought my MacBook in for repair. I decided against ProCare ($99- which they repair your machine in around 2 hours), so I thought I was in for a 48 hour repair time. I dropped it off at around 5:30 pm on Friday, because I can pretty much get by without it over the weekend.

I was on my way to dinner that night, and at around 8 pm, I got a call on my cell from the Apple Store that my MacBook was ready for pick up. I was very surprised- I really didn't expect it to be ready until Sunday. They fixed it in 2.5 hours. Fantastic.

I went this afternoon, picked it up, and all is well again in the world. The new keyboard and trackpad are very noticeably better than before. I didn't think I could have become happier with my new MacBook, but now I am.

Obviously, I would have much rather purchased a non-flawed MacBook, but this is a good second best. Well done, Apple Store Eaton Centre.
    :D

2. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

3. Surely thread starter Guest

Surely

That's good. Glad to see good service at another store. That battery wasn't free though, you paid for it when you shelled out $$$ for Applecare.

/ BTW, I did a MacRumors search for an existing repair thread before I started this one, but none came up, that's why I started it.

Go Leafs.....