A guide to developing apps for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ubuntu, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Greetings - this is a question, not a solution, just so I don't waste your time.

I've been interested recently in trying out some developing, but I have no idea where to start. Is anyone aware of a guide (online or book) that explains the basics for someone with no programming experience?

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Apple offers a few guides on where to start. Besides that, if you don't feel like spending money there is quite a few resources that can help you but I think at some point if you're really serious, you may have to buy a book on it... but some people have said they learned just by the stuff apple uses... If you decide to go the book way, there's a few options you can go, just head over to borders or whatever and check it out... heres a list of things that might help you out that i booked marked a while back...

STEP BY STEP TUTORALS

Hello World App
    Hello Universe
    Simple RSS Feed

DOCUMENTATION

Using iPhone Simulator

Hope this helps

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

4. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Isn't TUAW or AppleInsider starting off a series on app development? 1st one looked a bit brief, but might be worth following. there are a few pdf books on the internet you might want to look at too.