a healthy temperature for my MBP to run at?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by feelthejoy, Jan 24, 2009.

1. feelthejoy macrumors newbie

I play video games from time to time on my MBP unibody model and I was just wondering what a healthy temperature my computer should be at? When i play World of Warcraft I run around 72-75 degrees celsius.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

While playing a game 72-75 is incredibly cold for a MBP, mine runs at upwards of 90C when playing COD4 and thats considered normal. As long as it doesnt go over 110C your fine.

3. sfzMacBookPro macrumors newbie

I hit upwards of 78 degrees celsius playing Civilization 4 in Bootcamp. Not comfortable with it...but whatever....

Wish I could control fan speeds in Windows...

4. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

72-75 is perfectly normal for a MBP under gaming loads... I wouldnt worry. if you start flirting with 100C then worry (or if you're at 75 with no apps running!)

5. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

fan control

There is a freeware program called Fan Control that allows you to adjust fan speed and thresholds. It is an outstanding solution.

6. jon08 macrumors 65816

I was wondweing - will gaming affect the battery really badly? Like, each time I play games on my MBP I feel bad for it because the GPU always gets so noisy and the laptop hot during the play...

7. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

I live in Canada and i get -40 ºC here. My computer get so cold that when i try to lick my unibody macbook Pro, my tongue get stuck and it collect ice on the back of my machine. But overall... it runs very fast.

Cold makes your computer faster... No wonder why people buy coolers for laptop these days.