A 'Keynote' App ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by akm3, Mar 10, 2008.

1. akm3 macrumors 68020

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have the ability to run a Keynote presentation from an iPod touch or iPhone.

Anyone heard that this may happen in the near future? With A/V cables out, you could hook it right up to a projector and do quick sales presentations without needing your whole laptop.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

You can always convert the keynote to a .mov file and put it through a projector. That's one of the options under 'export.'

3. akm3 thread starter macrumors 68020

That's true, but then you are stuck to the predefined slide change speeds and you can't easily go back and forth between slides, correct?

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

You could add chapter markers to the mov....

Not sure how but i think it could be done in imovie???

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

At least in quicktime on Mac OS and Windows, it's not timed, but it goes on with a click. I make presentations in keynote and give them on windows computers through quicktime a lot, and they work like a presentation, not a movie. It's sorta hard to explain, so if you go make one that's just two different slides and export to .mov, then you can see for yourself.

6. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Hmm, it would be nice to run a scaled down version of Keynote on an iPod touch/iPhone but the closest things I've heard of so far are:

iPresent It- any regular iPod (with color screen) and video out can use this to present

http://www.zapptek.com/ipresent-it/

Remote Buddy- a nifty web-based app that lets your iPod touch/iPhone's Safari browser control functions on your computer. The only thing is that you'll require to have a Mac running Keynote and connected to your projector before you can use this. It's just a cool remote :)

http://www.iospirit.com/index.php?m...ode=infogroup-23&sid=5931861Ge356f7906ca996b8

7. ynotds macrumors newbie

So near and yet so far

After selecting an obscure 'View >> Present Movie... >> Slideshow' setting in QuickTime, killing full screen and then selecting 'Export... >> Movie to iPhone' I got a .m4v file which I could get to behave like a slide show in iTunes but still not on the touch where it defiantly insists on playing at three frames a second.

8. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

I had a Keynote presentation I wanted to put on the iPt but had exactly the same problem. I got round it by changing the pages to jpegs (cut and pasted the individual pages into Photoshop) and imported them as a photo album. The pages could then be changed with a swipe. It took a while but I'm pleased with the result.

Roll on the day when we can import it directly!

9. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Possible variant

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but:
    - I export my keynote as powerpoint
    - use the docs to go converter to place it on my Palm hand held
    - Use my margi presenter cable to connect the Palm to the vga port on a data projector

I love not having to drag my laptop everywhere and as long as the client has a data projector I am a pretty light traveller.

I also use the iomega screenplay portable hard drive when I need to play video files. It is a regular USB hard drive with AV ports to connect to video and audio. Most data projectors have video RCA in. Because it also "presents" a series of jpeg images, you could export your presentation to jpeg files and play those. Of course you lose the cool transitions, but your presentation is about the content, right? Besides, your clients will probably be more impressed that you were able to accomplish your presentation without a laptop in tow.

10. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

You can also just send the presentation directly to iPhoto from within Keynote. This skips the Photoshop step. It is one of the send/export options. However this may only be available in newer versions of Keynote.

11. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Thank you.:) I've got the new version of Keynote but missed that. That'll save a lot of time. You're a star.