A-level DT

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lozzy1234567890, Aug 23, 2009.

1. lozzy1234567890 macrumors member

hey guys (and girls) I'm about to start 6th form at my school, and one of the subjects I've chosen, was RMT, basically DT. Anyway, when i was in Yr 10, i had difficulties deciding a project to do, and ended up doing a table. This year, I want to do something more fun to do, and more interesting, while still being able to produce a good folder with coursework, which has research, different designs, etc. so I'd like your help on deciding a project, so far i have one, but its another table, just with a compartment with a hidden computer in it, able to fit beasts such as the Acer Predator, and the Mac Pro, but i think thats a idea not to go for, as it another table. thanks for the ideas :)

on a side note, how do you tell how many posts you've done?

2. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Regarding your side note; you have to go to your profile to view the count.

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I made a mock medieval shield, I made a shield press that formed the shape of it out of 5 layers of thin plywood, then I cut out a sheet of zinc titanium alloy and riveted it onto the thing.

It was amazing fun to put together, I wanted to build a crossbow but my teacher wouldn't let me so that was the compromise.