A-List is up!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcorrado, Sep 20, 2009.

1. pcorrado macrumors regular

For those of you who are unaware, AT&T is now offering a free feature for certain wireless plan called A-List. Basically log onto you account online to set it up and you can get unlimited calling to any 5 numbers if you are on an individual plan or 10 if you are on a Family Plan.

2. SqB macrumors 6502

3. SqB macrumors 6502

It's up, but I can't edit for some reason...

shows ALST01: No information to display

Anybody else seeing this?

4. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I see the same thing. Maybe we don't have qualifying rate plans? I think you have to have the following plans (found on the AT&T forums):

Familytalk plans 1400+ minutes 89.99$ or over
    or
    Individual plans 900+ mimutes 59.99$ or over

You could also try checking that it is enabled in the features tab or your account.

5. SqB macrumors 6502

Well, I have an older very cheap plan that doesn't even exist anymore (550 minutes for $38) so I'm not going to change that just to get some free calls. Oh well.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

So stupid that you need a qualifying plan to get this.

Ah, well, most people I call are on at&t so it doesn't matter to me.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

For anyone having problems setting it up I just called ATT. You need to go under your account online, go to features add A-List. Then go to the my profile tab and Manage A-List and it should be working.

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

That is from AT&T's website

Edit: Too bad they couldn't make it manageable from AT&T MyWireless app, then you could change the numbers from your iPhone

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Not available or Corporate Accounts... Way to go AT&T!! They never fail to disappoint.

10. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

yep, im getting this also....

11. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

Again you need to add a-list on the features option and then go to my profile and add the #s on the a list

12. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

did that first, still didnt see anything, i dont see where to enable the feature.

13. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Kinda sucks that you need such a high plan....

Attached Files:

14. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I would be pretty mad about needing the higher plan, but I remembered I have almost 3000 rollover minutes... Haha, oh well.

15. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

LOL

I have 3111 roll over minutes. I don't think I need this service. I could stay on the phone for several days and not use them all up.

16. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I have over 16,000 rollover minutes, plus everyone I know is on AT&T so it doesn't even matter anyways.

17. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

People making a big deal over this either having it or not having it. For most people it is completely worthless.

It is worthless big time when you look at huge banks of roll over minutes so it not like it would do anything but add to it. Between NW and M2M I was using 1000+ min there and on a heavy use month 50 mins in anytime out of 450 min plan. I had 4k of roll over minutes built up.

remember most people in those high plans where not bumping the limits any how.

18. techwarrior macrumors 6502

techwarrior

A-List is up!!!

Works fine, but requires that you have the more expensive plans. It would be worth $ to someone with a lower priced plan, but it is not offered. For me, I have excess minutes most months so this will only add to the rollover bank. So, it is no wonder they don't charge for this.

Any word on Micro Cell? I get spotty reception at my home and keep Skype as a backup, would love to get rid of Skype.

19. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

ya, no wonder its free...people who will really benefit from this, are the people with the lower plans...people who have that high of a plan, normally have sooo many rollover mins, they wont notice a difference imo.

Smart ATT, putting this plan will at least let them say "we match all the other networks with 5 friends, like tmobile or Alltell". However, its not really much difference for the people they allowing to use it.

I hate ATT, i really do...

20. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

+1 to the OP. Thank you for posting this. You did so in order to benefit the community, so that's very cool.

Even though I have a 1400 minute plan, I have 3 iPhones eating at it. By going through my bill line by line, and adding the big talkers to the A-List, if the past is any indication of the future, I stand to save up to $40 per month.

Why, that's $40 I don't have to give to AT&T! I could be giving that to the iTunes store! Oh, that's *so* much better... on second thought, that's about a case of Cooper's Sparkling Ale every month. Now that *is* better!!

21. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

For people with Family Plans, is it 10 numbers for each line, or for the whole family?

EDIT: I just checked, it's not under features.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

Like I said before

if AT&T would allow us to sell or transfer our rollover minutes this would make me so much happier. I am not a big cell phone talker most months I have 150-200 minutes unused each month. I love to be able to cell those unused minutes. that would be :cool:

23. dave006 macrumors 68020

You have to add the $0.00 feature to any line in your FamilyTalk rate plan. Note as mentioned above, you have to have the FamilyTalk 1400 or higer rate plan.

Yes, a shared list of 10 A-list numbers shared between the FamilyTalk Group.

Dave

24. SqB macrumors 6502

Another melted scoop from the giant bucket of att Fail. Just when I was thinking I was going to be happy with them again (A-List, Femtocell).

At least I have those 2,700 rollover minutes to keep me in the black.

25. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have the 700 min plan, and I need the 1400 min plan. It's the same as Verizons version of this.