A Little Air in My Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by canucks-17, Jul 5, 2008.

1. canucks-17 macrumors regular

canucks-17

I have a White SR Macbook, and I want to give it some Macbook Air flavour and some of the features :). These are the things that I want:

1. LED Display
    2. Backlit Keyboard

1. I believe this is possible and if I could just get a MBA replacement LED from iFixit, it should be fine right? Just wondering if the connections are the same, I'm pretty good with them so I'd do it myself.

2. This one seems to be a bit more complicated. Yes, I know if you were wondering, I saw the post earlier about this. Apparently the keys are attatched to the top cover and palm rests. If you could buy the keyboard seperate, would you be able to just replace the keyboard as you normally would?

Any help appreciated,

:apple:simon

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Aren't the screen sizes different between the MB and MBA? I'm willing to admit I could be totally wrong there :rolleyes:. Obviously a quick trip to both items on ifixit should resolve that question...

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Didn't you just start this same thread a couple of days ago? Didn't like the feedback I take it? ;)

4. canucks-17 thread starter macrumors regular

canucks-17

No.. I started a thread about a week after the Air came out but obviously nobody could get their hands on the parts to make it happen back then. Now people could have tried. And, yes the screen size and keyboard size are exactly the same as the regular Macbook.

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  6. canucks-17 thread starter macrumors regular

canucks-17