A Little Bit Of Input On This Situation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gatman400, Jun 21, 2008.

1. gatman400 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone this is my first of what will be many posts on Mac Rumors, But this post is about my 2.2ghz 2gb RAM SR MBP, I bought it in october last year and since then ive had this list of problems

-keyboard and trackpad replaced
    -Screen Replaced
    -i Sight Camera Replaced
    -Upper and lower case replace
    - Burnt By It
    - Fan Humming

Personally i think this is terrible for an 8 month old notebook to have had this many problems already, so this is the reason i would like your opinion on this matter. Is this normal with a macbook pro or isn't it.

Thanks In Advance

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No, obviously not normal...

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

No. Probably 1 out of 200 customers have less-than-major problems with the MBPs. It seems like either you purchased a faulty one or you abuse it. I would personally ask for a new one do to the long list of problems.

4. gatman400 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your input, i totally agree with your opinion. Yet apple reassuringly says it is fine (load of bull)

5. gatman400 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have asked for a new one and they have said no since there are no vital parts that have been replaced they have given me a 100$ apple online store one time use credit but whats the use of that if my mbp is crap, On the other hand i don't abuse my mbp i technically worship it :)

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

And yet they have seemingly worked to satisfy you by replacing items

Are you still having issues currently?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. gatman400 thread starter macrumors newbie

no they haven't satisfied me since i am still battling in store and over the phone with them currently, im having problems with my screen hinge and trackpad :(

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

1st off, $100 is alot of money to get from Apple for free.

If your MBP is still working, and Apple says its fine, then you're probably going a bit overboard here.

And the humming fan problem/burnt myself problem can be easily fixed with "Smc Fan Control".

9. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

What could possible be wrong with the screen hinge and trackpad? Sounds to me like you are a bit over the top here.

If it's so messed up, make a video of how bad it "sucks".

10. gatman400 thread starter macrumors newbie

The trackpad becomes unresponsive and to be truthful i bet if you were in my position you would be a little over the top i bought this computer with my own money in grade 10 and the screen hinge is messed that if i move my mac into say a more reclining position in my lap it will flap down with out any pressure.
    In regards to making a video, what will that be the use of ? please elaborate

11. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Make a video and video tape everything wrong with your MBP (and demonstrate with scenarios and such).

Seriously. Handle this in a professional manner. Write to Apple corporate. Just do something about it instead of whining here looking for justification.

12. gatman400 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been doing stuff about this i was just looking for some input, im not whining i just like to have more than one opinion

13. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

And you are entitled to it. Anyway, since you have been doing stuff about it, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors. :apple:

14. gatman400 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much i hope this issue will be fixed or it will be rather disappointing

15. aquajet macrumors 68020

What do you mean when you say the trackpad is unresponsive? Explain in detail.

Sometimes the trackpad on my MBP is unresponsive for a fraction of a second if the "ignore accidental trackpad input" is enabled. Try disabling that function in the Keyboard and Mouse preference pane if it is currently enabled.

16. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

after a while, im sure we would all "look" for things wrong.

Especially after all the OP has been through.

It sounds like its getting a little much though. If apple says its fine, chances are, it is. In this situation, it sounds like your becoming a bit difficult now. Do you deserve a new machine? Not in my eyes.

The only major thing i see changed is the LCD. Just try to start enjoying the machine. Youll regret it if you dont.

This is just my opinion, and since you asked for them in your original post, dont yell at me :)

17. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If apple has looked at the Machine and is fixing these problems, they would look for damage / signs of abuse and if so, deny any claims.

If you have any more issues with any of these components, demand a new machine. This is a pro level machine and its customers should be treated as such (WITHOUT purchasing ProCare or whatever other over the top contracts or service plans).